Julien's Faster than Light Blog
Jump to top
Sunday, January 24, 2016
Top 28 ships, revised
The last list was wrong. Here is the new list.
1. Lanius B - It starts dominating immediately and keeps dominating until the end of the game.
2. Crystal B - I accept all arguments that this one is most powerful, because they're true.
3. Mantis B - 4-teleporter and Defense Drone 1. Much worse than #2, and much better than the rest.
4. Mantis C - 4-teleporter and a great crew.
5. Engi A - Drones, Med-bots, Engi, and the best weapon in the game.
6. Kestrel B - Destroyer out of the gate, strong with any build, good crew.
7. Zoltan B - Zoltan shields and 2 Ion Blasts make every build powerful.
8. Slug A - Best starting weaponry hauls in cash by killing target crew without destroying ship.
9. Kestrel C - Dual Lasers, Ion Stunner, and a Lanius on a Kestrel.
10. Slug C - Oxygen hack for crew death.
11. Zoltan C - Zoltan shields and drones make a strong late game.
12. Zoltan A - Zoltan shields and Halberd Beam take you far.
13. Stealth A - No shields, but cloaking, Long-range Scanners, and Dual Lasers are powerful.
14. Lanius A - It's good but it's tough to get going.
15. Crystal A - Good crew and weapons.
16. Mantis A - Good crew and teleport.
17. Kestrel A - Burst Laser 2 on a Kestrel.
18. Engi C - Dual Lasers, Drones, Hacking, and a Lanius. Poor synergy but powerul builds.
19. Federation A - Burst Laser 2, good crew, and artillery end value.
20. Rock C - Good crew. Can kill things early, but soon will need upgrades.
21. Rock B - Good crew and Fire Bomb is great if you get teleport.
22. Stealth B - Get the Pre-igniter.
23. Federation B - Dual Lasers, a Zoltan crewmember, and Artillery Beam, but a difficult start.
24. Federation C - Lots of potential but very difficult.
25. Slug B - Tough start but it can be good.
26. Stealth C - Drones and Long-range scanners are good, but no shields and no cloaking is bad.
27. Rock A - Missiles do not combine well with missiles.
28. Engi B - 1 crewmember is very bad. Still fun though because you can restart if you don't get crew.
Kestrels gained a lot here, and the Federations lost a lot. Slug A also gets recognized. Basically I considered start value instead of just end combinations.
Comments: Post a Comment